- What is Electric Zoo?
- What are the dates of Electric Zoo New York 2014?
- Where is Electric Zoo New York?
- How old do I have to be to attend?
- Will there be lockers at Electric Zoo?
- Will there be ATMs available at the event?
- Will I be allowed to leave the venue and re-enter?
- Can I leave the site and come back in if I'm a VIP or Platinum customer?
- Will there be any food & beverages available for sale?
- I have special dietary needs - will there be food for me?
- Will there be First Aid on site at the festival?
- Will I be searched upon entering?
- What if it rains?
- I ordered my ticket from outside the US - how will I get it?
- What is Will Call?
- How does the Payment Plan work?
- I bought a Sunday (or 3-Day, or Fri/Sun Combo Pak) wristband for Electric Zoo 2013. How do I get a refund?
Transportation & Directions
- How can I get to Electric Zoo?
- How do the Ferry & Shuttle Bus work?
- All my friends are riding the ferry, and I have Shuttle Bus transportation. Can I change?
- Can I park on Randall's Island?
- What about walking or biking to the festival?
Electric Zoo Codes of Conduct
- What are some safe practices I can use at Electric Zoo?
- What items am I NOT allowed to bring with me?
- Ok, so now I know what I can't bring/do. What CAN I do?
- What can/should I bring with me?
- Can I pass out flyers for my event or business at the festival?
- Box Office opens at 12 noon and show begins at 1pm each day.
- Show ends at 11pm each day
- Rain or Shine, subject to safety requirements
- General Admission: 18+, VIP/Platinum Experience: 21+
- Lineup and set times are subject to change
- All info here is subject to change; please check this page before leaving for the festival
- Everyone is subject to search upon entry
What is Electric Zoo?
Electric Zoo is New York City's premiere electronic music festival. Founded in 2009 and taking place in the beautiful Randall's Island Park each Labor Day Weekend, Electric Zoo brings a wide variety of the top acts from around the world and across the spectrum of electronic music's various sub-genres. With over 150,000 fans coming together from around the globe to the world's favorite city, Electric Zoo is a chance to celebrate and connect.
"Electric Zoo might not be the country's largest, splashiest, or most hyped electronic dance music festival. But we're going to go on record and say that it's the best." - BillboardBack to top
What are the dates of Electric Zoo New York 2014?
Electric Zoo New York 2014 will take place on , , and from 1pm to 11pm each dayBack to top
Where is Electric Zoo New York?
Electric Zoo takes place at the scenic and lush, green, Randall’s Island Park, in New York City. Randall's Island is located in the East River between East Harlem, the South Bronx and Astoria, Queens, and is accessible via ferry, shuttle bus, bicycle, footbridge, and car.Back to top
How old do I have to be to attend?
Admission to Electric Zoo New York is strictly for ages 18 and over. To purchase and consume alcohol or to purchase and/or use VIP Experience or Platinum Experience passes, you must be at least 21 years of age. Everyone must show valid government-issued photo ID (photocopies will NOT be accepted).
THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Valid driver's license from any US state or Canada
- Valid identification issued by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (Non-Driver ID card)
- Valid United States military identification
- Valid passport or visa issued by your country's government
Will there be animals at Electric Zoo?
Only you and the other tens of thousands of awesome life enthusiasts.Back to top
Will there be lockers at Electric Zoo?
There will not be lockers available at Electric Zoo. We work hard to make sure that you have everything you need during the Festival.Back to top
Will there be ATMs available at the event?
Yes.Back to top
Will I be allowed to leave the venue and re-enter?
No, sorry, once you leave the festival, you cannot re-enter (until the next day of the festival, with your 3 Day pass or single day pass that's valid for that day).Back to top
Can I leave the site and come back in if I'm a VIP or Platinum customer?
No, sorry, once you leave the festival, you cannot re-enter (until the next day of the festival, with your 3 Day pass or Combo Pak, or single day pass that's valid for that day).Back to top
Will there be any food & beverages available for sale?
Yes, there will be a wide variety of food options, including burgers, hot dogs and pizza, as well as many other local and vegetarian/vegan choices. These include some of our favorite New York City street vendors. There will be a variety of non-alcoholic beverages, plus beer, wine and champagne for those over the age of 21. Mixed drinks/liquor will only be available for purchase in the VIP lounge, which is only accessible by those who purchase a VIP Experience or Platinum Experience.Back to top
I have special dietary needs - will there be food for me?
While we make every effort to bring in food vendors with a wide variety of options catering to many different needs, we regret that we cannot guarantee that there will be a vendor to match each and every one of those needs. In keeping with our efforts, we will continue to strive to offer the greatest variety of food choices possible in an effort to offer something for everyone.Back to top
Will there be First Aid on site at the festival?
There are medical aid stations marked with a red cross in the four corners of the park to insure you're never too far away from help. Check out the map in the center of the booklet that you'll receive when you get to the festival to familiarize yourself with the location of the medical aid stations which are staffed with emergency medical professionals, and have plenty of water if you need it.Back to top
Will I be searched upon entering?
Yes, everyone is subject to search upon entry.Back to top
What if it rains?
Electric Zoo is a rain or shine event, subject to safety requirements.Back to top
I ordered my ticket from outside the US - how will I get
All international orders must be picked up at the Will Call check-in area, located next to the Box Office at the festival main entrance on Randall's Island. Unless you plan to walk, bike, or arrive by car, you must print out your confirmation email and bring it with you to the ferry or shuttle bus departure point in Manhattan (check your confirmation email to make sure you're headed to the correct place - either Ferry or Shuttle Bus). Your confirmation email will be checked, and you will be allowed to ride to the festival site on Randall's Island. From there, you should proceed to the Will Call check-in area. You will need the credit card used to purchase your tickets and your valid photo ID.Back to top
What is Will Call?
Located near the main festival entrance on Randall's Island, Will Call serves as a way for our International guests and those who ordered their passes after the shipping cut-off date to pick up their tickets conveniently when entering the Festival. You will need your printed confirmation email, the credit card used to purchase your tickets and your valid photo ID.Back to top
How does the Payment Plan work?
You can pay for your Electric Zoo pass in installments over time. Choose the 30% Down Payment Plan when checking out.The 30% Down Payment Plan
- Make a 30% down payment (plus the full service & shipping charges) at the time of your order
- Pay the remaining balance in 2 equal installments (June 15 and July 15)
- Available through May 31
Please allow 2-3 days for payments to be processed and posted to your account. Payment plans are only available at the time of your purchase online.
Important info: PLEASE NOTE: No refunds. Default on payments will result in loss of all payments made up to the time of default and cancellation of your order.
Tickets will begin shipping by USPS 6 weeks prior to the festival, providing all payments have been successfully processed.Back to top
I bought a Sunday (or 3-Day, or Fri/Sun Combo Pak) wristband for Electric Zoo 2013. How do I get a refund?
All refunds for Sunday passes to Electric Zoo 2013 have been issued. When possible, refunds were issued to the credit card originally used for purchase. All other refunds have been issued via check made out to the name on the order and mailed to the billing address on the order via US mail. If you have moved, make sure your address is updated with USPS or your local post office to ensure the check is forwarded to you.
If you haven't received your refund, or you need to report a problem such as a lost or damaged check, please gather the following information:
- Order Number
- Full name of original purchaser (cardholder for credit card used)
- Billing address provided for original purchase
- Current mailing address
- Current phone number
Including as much of that information as possible will help us locate your original order info quickly. Put it all in the Message field of this contact form and click the Send Email button. Front Gate Tickets customer support will follow up with you.Back to top
Transportation & Directions
How can I get to Electric Zoo?
Electric Zoo festival passes come with round-trip transportation via ferry or shuttle bus, and although we have very limited parking passes available, the ferry and shuttle bus transportation options are very quick and convenient ways to get to and from the island. You can also walk or bike to the festival, or have a taxi or friend drop you off.Back to top
How do the Ferry and Shuttle Bus work?
All festival passes include your choice of round-trip transportation to and from Manhattan via the Ferry or Shuttle Bus.
Ferries travel to and from Randall's Island Park for all three days of the festival throughout the day. Departures will take place from East 35th Street Ferry Landing located at the intersection of East 35th Street at the FDR Drive (click for directions), with ferries running approximately every 15 minutes.
The East 35th Street Ferry Landing is located at the intersection of East 35th Street and the FDR Drive near the Midtown heliport on the East River. To reach this location by subway, take the 4, 5, or 6 train to East 33rd St and then go up two blocks to East 35th. Turn right and follow down to the water.
Local cross-town service via 34th Street
M34 - between Javits Convention Center and Eastside Ferry Terminal
M16 - between Waterside Plaza and Port Authority Bus Terminal
Shuttle Buses will travel to and from Randall's Island Park for all three days of the festival continuously throughout the day. The Shuttle Bus departure and return point in Manhattan is still to be determined. Last year, Shuttle Buses departed from and returned to East 126th Street. The exact location will be determined closer to the festival and will be posted here. The first bus leaves at 12 noon and the trip takes less than 10 minutes.
If you purchased a festival pass that includes shuttle bus transportation, please be sure to get on these special Shuttle Buses and NOT the city buses operated by the MTA. Look for large yellow signs that say SHUTTLE BUS.Back to top
All my friends are riding the ferry, and I have Shuttle Bus transportation. Can I change?
Sorry, we're not able to accommodate changes to your transportation choice.Back to top
Can I park on Randall's Island?
Parking on Randall's Island will be very limited - if you plan on driving, you should purchase a parking pass in advance. Parking passes are available as an add-on when you place a festival admission pass in your shopping cart. We cannot guarantee that there will still be parking spots available to purchase on the days of the festival.
There is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING and NO TAILGATING allowed on Randall's Island.Back to top
What about walking or biking to the festival?
You can walk across the footbridge from E. 103rd St. in Manhattan onto Randall's Island Park. It takes about 20-25 minutes to walk from the Manhattan side of the footbridge to the festival entrance.
Pedestrians can also walk across the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from Manhattan (about 15 minutes), Queens (about 30 minutes), or the Bronx (about 15 minutes).
BICYCLISTS PLEASE NOTE: Bikes are NOT allowed on the ferry or buses. Bike parking is South of the RFK Bridge Pedestrian Walkway, near the Ferry Landing on Randall's Island. Follow signs from the main festival entrance.Back to top
Electric Zoo Codes of Conduct
Electric Zoo has a zero tolerance policy for the use of illegal drugs. This policy will be strictly enforced.
What are some safe practices I can use at Electric Zoo?
Please take good care of yourself and help watch out for the people around you. If you see someone slip, trip, or overheat, someone who needs medical attention, rehydration, or just a helping hand, please keep the positive vibe alive, and be a friend to a friend in need. Remember that it's very important to stay hydrated, so take advantage of the free high-speed water refill stations around the festival grounds. Be aware of how much you're exerting yourself and take breaks from dancing. When you sweat, your body is losing water and you need to replace it to make sure you don't overheat.Back to top
What items am I not allowed to bring with me?
The following items are prohibited:
ALL BAGS MUST BE NO LARGER THAN 12"W x 12"H x 16"L
- Weapons of any kind
- Outside food & beverages
- Professional cameras & recording devices (no SLR/DSLR or cameras with detachable lenses)
- Illegal substances
- Squirt guns, misters, spray bottles, etc
- Laser pens and similar focused-light devices
- Bad attitudes
- Cans, canteens, flasks (empty camelbaks and water bottles will be allowed)
- Bicycles, scooters, personal motorized vehicles
- Musical instruments
- Sleeping bags (no overnight camping or sleepovers)
- Any container of liquid
- Totem poles or flag sticks
- Walkie Talkies
- Fake IDs - they will be confiscated and your wristband will be cut without refund.
If you have prescription medication that you must bring with you, you must bring a copy of your prescription to be evaluated by the medical staff.Back to top
Ok, so now I know what I can't bring/do. What CAN I do?
We're so glad you asked!
- Sit in the open or shady grassy space and relax on a small blanket or beach towel
- Lounge, decompress and eat in our shade tents
- Select some delectable nibbles from a wide variety of options, including crowd-pleasers like burgers, hot dogs, and pizza, as well as many other local and vegetarian/vegan choices. These include some of our favorite New York City street vendors.
- Save the world, should the opportunity arise to do so
- Gaze at the New York City Skyline while getting down to some very, very dope beats
- Get his number
- Browse our vendor village
- Meet some amazing new people
- Count disco balls
- Devour some icy treats
- Shake it, but don’t break it, because it took your mother nine months to make it
- Lay on your back in the grass and gaze at the clouds
- Pretend you're a zebra
- Get her number
- Feel your jaw drop when you see that famous Zoo visual production
- Score some free shwag from our sponsors
- Wear a very silly hat
- Meet some of the DJ's as they cruise around and take in the festival
- Feel Faaaaaaaabulous
- Jam out to more than 125 of the world's best electronic music artists
- Purchase some essentials from the General Store (gum, sun block, visors etc.)
- Get his and her number
- Choose from a selection of traditional and craft beers
- Enjoy a refreshing wine spritzer, or glass of wine
- Celebrate with a glass of bubbly
- Or go all the way and live it up in the lounge with a VIP Experience or Platinum Experience
What can/should I bring with me?
Back to top
- Large and Lovely sun glasses
- Sun block (seriously!!!)
- Rain poncho
- A small blanket or towel
- All of your favorite people
- DANCING SHOES! (we discourage flip flops for comfort/safety
- Your ID. (Please note that photocopies will NOT be accepted
as valid ID.)
- A small backpack or utility bag
- Chapstick (must be new and sealed)
- A positive attitude
Can I pass out flyers for my event or business at the festival?
No.Back to top
I have a question that's not answered here - what should I do?
If you are a member of the press/media, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, email email@example.com
Please email any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to top